Odisha Sumangal Portal (www.sumangal.odisha.gov.in)
How to Apply for Inter Caste Marriage Benefits in Odisha 2021
Here is the complete process of how to apply online for Inter Caste Marriage Incentive Award Scheme:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at http://www.sumangal.odisha.gov.in/#/login
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “Don’t have an account? Register Here” as shown here:-
STEP 3: Upon clicking this link, the Inter Caste Marriage Incentive Award Scheme Online Registration Form 2020 will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here applicants can enter their name, e-mail ID, password, phone number, address, district, block, city and can click at the “Register” button to complete the Inter Caste Marriage Incentive Award Scheme online registration form filling process.
Inter caste marriages can be one of the significant steps to reduce the caste-prejudices, abolish untouchability and spread the value of liberty, equality, fraternity in the society. So, the state govt. of Odisha has launched sumangal.odisha.gov.in website where candidates can apply for incentive for inter caste marriage.
Official Launch of Odisha Sumangal Portal
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 28 October has launched two web portals – Integrated Odisha State Scholarship and Odisha Sumangal Portal. The new Odisha Sumangal Portal will help eligible students of the state avail scholarship avail benefits in a seamless and transparent manner. This portal will help people in availing incentives for inter-caste marriage.
Around 21 scholarships would be offered by 8 state departments. More than 11 lakh beneficiary students from Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes and educationally backward classes would benefit from the Integrated Odisha State Scholarship Portal.
Only through the use of technology can we provide the public with the best services at the right time with efficiency and transparency. This portal will reduce the distance between government departments and prospective students and they can apply from their homes within a specified time frame.
Professional programs of the SC and ST Department, Higher Education, Schools and Mass Education, Labor and ESI, Skills Development and Technical Education, and Agriculture Department will be administered on the portal. Scholarships will be credited directly to students’ bank accounts as the portal is liked to the state treasury.
Incentive award for Inter-caste marriage
For social integration and removal of untouchability , there is provision for awarding cash incentive to inter-caste married couples if marriage solemnized between caste Hindus and Schedule Castes belonging to Hindu communities.
Inter-caste marriages can be one of the significant steps to reduce the caste-prejudices, abolish ‘untouchability’ and spread the value of liberty, equality, fraternity in the society.
Who can apply
- Inter-caste marriages solemnized between the caste Hindus and the Scheduled Castes belonging to the Hindu community. The marriage should be valid as per the law and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Both the spouses should be citizens of India permanent residents of Odisha and should be professing the Hindu religion.
- One of the spouses should belonging to the scheduled castes as defined under Article 341 of the Constitution of India.
- Incentive would be given for purchase of lands/essential articles for house-hold or for starting a business.
- The grant shall be given only once i.e. persons marrying for the first time only will be entitled to the grant except in the case, where the bride is a widow or the bride-groom a widower and this should be clearly mentioned in the marriage registration certificate.
- Award of grant and the above facilities shall be admissible in case of marriage solemnized only after date of issue of Resolution issued by Govt. from time to time.
- No incentive is available on second or subsequent marriage.
- Scanned photo copy of the registered marriage Certificate.
- Scanned photo copy of caste certificate of both spouses stating there in the community and the sub-caste to which they belong;
- Scanned joint photo of couple( husband & wife ).
- Scanned photo copy of Declaration form duly signed: ANNEXURE II & Annexure-IV.
- Scanned photo copy of joint bank passbook of couple in any Govt./Nationalized Bank.